Featured Post

Categories, Ratings, and Labels

Hi, This is Wresie.  And welcome to my blog! <3 I'll be posting on here snippets of things I'm writing, a possible "Yo...

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Categories, Ratings, and Labels

Hi,

This is Wresie.

 And welcome to my blog! <3

I'll be posting on here snippets of things I'm writing, a possible "You Pick, I Write" series, character analysis, pieces chapters from stories I've been working on and writing challenges that don't make it onto my Deviant Art account. I'll also be posting images, character profiles, and short comics. And, in order to help keep thing organized, I've set up a category, rating, and labeling system. These things will be seen directly below the titles before the actual piece to help you understand what you're reading:

CATEGORIES

[Re:Union] - My entry for Nanowrimo 2016! Its a sci-fi that has aliens, adventures, evil organizations, and romances. More information to be added...

[Broken Reality] - A science fiction, fantasy cross over world where genetics and magic both play a large piece in the daily interactions between people. Where humanity has been somewhat challenged for centuries seeing how the world is set years in the future. There is also a parallel world filled with only myths that occasionally intermingles with the human world. ** Note that this universe is now just a role play and won't end up with a full story laid out, but still expect snippets from it.

[Broken Science] - Rebooted. A while ago I had started an RP with a group of friends. Things went downhill after a while and the world go really muddled. So now, after reworking the world for a bit, I'm going to bring this world to life for you. This world is somewhat a Science Fiction/Horror. I know most people think of as every dies and scary, but there will be many redemption and healing arcs in this story as well as just as many arcs of character decay. Now, my character, Shion Hinata says it best:

"In this city ruled by those called 'Doctors' there are those called 'Experiments'. Treated like lab rats, thought of like worthless cattle, and broken like dogs they are the living playgrounds for the people who are meant to be protecting them. The people, the Doctors, who are undiscriminating over who or what they take, masking their cruelty with the illusion of justice from the Strikes Laws. But in reality they are as twisted and demented as the beasts they rear from their madness. I, myself, am a Doctor but I understand the nauseating reality around me better than even some of those experimented on. After stepping from out from the crowd and protecting an experiment I was damned. Now I am one of them who must be kept on a short leash with my dependency on the medicine I take to keep my anger in check. Although I still am a Doctor I often times live in a drugged up haze with only occasions of full lucidity coming to me. Those people that did this to me, those are the people we are meant to trust with our lives. So, in this city ruled by Doctors. Watch you back, they could be looking at you, and you could be next..."

[Day and Night] - Every child has Nightmares that haunt them, that's why the Daydreams exist in order to protect them from even the worst of them. At night a child, a Zeno, is brought to an astral plain where they interact with other Zenos and meet up with their Daydream for adventures, life lessons, and the joys of growing up. Its the Daydream's task to keep the Zenos from falling to the hand/claws/hooves/paws of the Nightmares that want to eat them making the Zenos into Zeros. Zeros are people without a soul, with out a life in them, and there seems to be more and more them recently so the Daydreams have to up their game - the multiverse exist in this realm.

[Warriors of Avalon] - A modern fantasy universe where magic is separated into classes, types, and its nature. There are many species such as faeries, elves, dragons, werewolves, ect. that inhabit this world. In this world humans don't know of magic unless they're born into it... Or at least that had been the case before a mysterious outbreak of people suddenly developing powers, causing many to be labelled as crazy. This outbreak has been labelled as "Frenzy Magic", or "Triggered" by some, and has roots even back to an ancient time when humans and magical creatures lived hand in hand. Now a group of unlikely friends, spurred on by an old legend, come together to save their world from a force that is both poisoning the world and destroying its magic.

[Keys of Avalon] - Years ago, long before electricity was harnessed, our world was inhabited by creatures that weren't human alongside humanity. Creatures of myth and legend intermingled with humans all the time, helping them tap into their internal magic. Back when the world was brought to peace a sudden sickness erupted a crossed all the lands and was undiscriminating towards who it effected. Everywhere people fell ill and their magic began to go out of hand. Its during this time a young princess, heir to the throne of Avalon, begins her journey to bring back the prosperity she was born into.

[Guardians of Avalon] - Set in between Keys and Warriors, this is the story of the rise and fall of Avalon. How it grew into a strong Kingdom under its new Queen's rule. And how the beautiful Kingdom fell to chaos as well. The bridge story that fills in any gaps left between the two times.

[The Devil's Game] - Making deals with a demon never end well, but even so when you're desperate enough some people succumb to these measures. These people who find themselves playing a game with all odds against them with only one of them finding the way to the top in order to claim the one wish, one want they wanted more than anything else. And thus, with one last final contract making thirteen, let the Devil's Game begin!

[Virus-Avr1c3] - Years in the future humanity is on its last legs with Zombies clawing at its heels. This is the story of how the actions of one generation to the next can be the difference of life and death. In this I'll show the effects of growing up in world where everyone is constantly on high alert and there is never time to relax, where the gentle are the weak and the vicious are the strong. And sometimes your greatest ally could be your worst enemy...

[The Forbidden Game: Beta/Alpha/Game Over] - Imagine waking up in a world where your greatest fears are on display for anyone to find, even the ones that even you aren't fully aware of. A man with black hair in a top hat approaches you, you see a handful of others looking around confused. The black haired man then addresses you all, "Welcome to the Game..." And from then on you have to fight your fears in order to gain power so you can win this a cursed game and get your life back. Although this may be a game even you know that death in the game probably means death in real life...

[YPIW] - You Pick, I Write. Much akin to a chose your own adventure story, but where a collective community vote decides what scenario is written next. I will try to keep this one only rated T for Teen in order to make it more open for readers.

[Fandom - ***] - I will write fan fictions on occasion because who doesn't love a little fanservice every now and then. I know I love it.

[Unsorted] - If I run into a piece I can't categorize right anyway it'll get this one until I can either place it in a world already existing or creator a place for it.

RATINGS

Disclaimer: I tend to write some dark stuff, if you're not comfortable with that I would avoid anything that is a higher rating than T since I tend to not hold back in those.

-K or /K means its kid friendly, things that I probably would have read when I was in elementary school.

-T or /T means teenager friendly, but honestly there are plenty of things rated this that will be okay for even eleven and twelve year old children.

-M or /M means mature or for a more mature audience, like I said I like to write dark thing a lot of my stuff will fall under this. But that doesn't mean that its something that can't be enjoyed none the less.

-NR means works that don't fall into any other rating, but not because its explicit or anything like that. These works are just hard to rate and usually aren't part of pieces that are closer to or are completed.

Any higher ratings are pending because, I would be lying if I said I didn't write them, I'm not exactly comfortable sharing it at the moment. Maybe someday in the future, but more likely to my close friends only.

LABELS

[AU] - Alternate Universe, when something isn't cannon or shouldn't be taken as cannon. I write these spin offs a lot in order to get something out my system that I know won't work, but want to share it anyhow.

[Canon] - This is how the world is meant to be, this is how things are meant to go, yep.

[Rant] - Sometimes I need to get something/s off my chest and I'll just let it all out with this.

[Update] - Letting you all know how things are coming, if I plan on posting anything anytime soon, changes in my schedule, ect.

[Analysis] - My thoughts on a character, scene, story, or even something to do with fandom.

[Poll] - In which I ask you all what you think about something I'm doing.

[Crack] - A Noncannon thing, similar to AU with out changing a whole lot and meant to be purely funny.

[Profile] - A character sheet explaining who they are and what they start off like as well as some basic plans for their future.

[Pic] - A picture I've drawn or taken, pretty self explanatory.

[Video] - A video I've worked on or one I've taken, pretty self explanatory.

[Comic] - A comic I've drawn and want to share, also pretty self explanatory.

[World Building] - An idea or fleshing out of a world or sharing of a completed world.

[Character Building] - Creating a character and its process.

[Role Playing Excerpt] - A piece from an RP I'm doing/I'm in. These are iffy as to whether they stay up or not. I may have to take them down due to how the people I'm role playing with feels about them. Or if it becomes a problem due to its contents. But, for the most part, I expect them to stay up. For details on the RPs please feel free to leave a comment or message me since I won't explain the context on the posts for the most part.

[Poetry] - Things that reflec my emotions at the time of creation, mostly freeverses.

There may be more things added on later as I write on the blog and things progress. Until then that's all that's needed to be known right now. I hope you all enjoy your time on here and I'll see you all in the next post~!

xoxo, Wresie

No comments:

Post a Comment